Photo by MASON(alex555)
In a sports game, where there is a specific amount of time and a clear winner, the coach’s influence is pretty easy to see. A great coach can take a good team and mold them into champions. Like wise sometimes you have a team filled with champions that are unable to even make it to the playoffs because they don’t work well as a team.
Benefits from life coaching can be immediate and often last a life time. Often a coach will offer a valuable suggestion or ask a question in a way that changes your thinking immediately. A few years ago I was talking to my life coach about my struggle with desiring to work on business and ministry at the same time and how I felt guilty when I would work on business dreams. He asked me a question that immediately changed my outlook. “Buddy, who do you think put the desires in you?” Obviously it was God but immediately it made it alright to have those dreams and desires instead of something that I always had to be fighting. That has been a lasting change.
Just a few weeks ago I was talking with a life and leadership coach about the possibility of coaching for our entire organization. I thought it was going to be strictly business but he opened it up as if it was a coaching call so before we got off I asked him, “Do you mind if I ask you a coaching question to help with my leadership.” He said to go ahead and with a few quick questions I had a game plan to proceed with a meeting that I had schedule that day.
Here are Seven general benefits that you will probably see if you invest in a life coach.
Seven benefits from life coaching:
1. Life Coaching helps you to figure out your real priorities in your life.
2. Life Coaching helps to shorten the time frame to achieving your goals.
3. Life Coaching helps to give you an outside viewpoint to allow you to see how God has worked in your life and some of the possibilities for the future.
4. Life Coaching facilitates organization and structure in your life, and encourages you to do above and beyond what you would normally do by yourself.
6. Life Coaching provides you with self-assurance, support, certainty, confidence, encouragement, motivation and inspiration depending on your needs and the situation.
7. Life Coaching helps you to walk in the good works that God has prepared in advance for you so that you don’t go through life aimlessly.
Life Coaching is an investment in yourself that will benefit you for the rest of your life. It can have such positive lasting effects that many see it as a necessary activity for any individual who desires to make their life count.
The key difference that a good life coach should make in your life is to help you reach your goals faster and easier than you can on your own. A good coach will help you with questions, encouragement and short cuts that you might not have known on your own. A good life coach can be the difference between living an OK life and living the life of a champion.
And Receive our 3 Most Requested Resources Absolutely Free!