There are lots of life coaches out there and it can be difficult to choose the right one. So here are 5 characteristics of a bad life coach to help you weed out the ones that will not do you any good.
- Proclaims to be able to work with anybody on any problem – although many claim to be able to help anyone with anything, the reality is that you want a coach who specializes In the area or areas that you would like coaching in. find someone who can really meet your needs.
- Makes claims that are to good to be true – beware of life coaches who claim to give you all the answers and guarantee your life will be perfect after meeting with them. You really want to look for someone who is down to earth and honest. You do not want someone who will just give you those quick fixes to make you feel good.
- Does not give a trial period – this is pretty simple, if the coach does not offer a free trial, whether over the phone, through email or in person, then you should probably not consider them. They either are hiding something or are to busy. Either way, consider someone who will give you a trial period.
- Pressures for commitment and your money – if they are pressuring you for a payment before a trial period or they want you to commit to some sort of deal, they are probably just after your money and they do not really care about helping you. Do not pay anything before you are convinced they will be a good fit for you. Do not give out your credit card information until you are sure they are trustworthy. Although there are lots of great life coaches available, there are some who are just trying to get rich.
- Has no credentials, references, or real experience – do some background research on any coach you are considering. Ask other coaches about them and try to find out as much as you can about who they are and how they do things. If you find mixed reviews and problems, that is a good indicator that you should steer clear of them. If you cannot find any information on them, and they offer no references on their website, then they might not want you to know about their past, so that is also a strong indicator that you should avoid them.
And of course remember to be smart about looking for a life coach. If something or someone looks fishy, they probably are. Hopefully with this information in hand you will be able to find a life coach that will meet your needs.
If you would like more information or would like to learn more about life coaching and its importance, please check out the other articles here and also feel free to contact us.
photo by Paulo Brandão
And Receive our 3 Most Requested Resources Absolutely Free!